Monday, June 27, 2011

New Pan

I found that the demand for sheet cakes is very strong. I don't really think it is because people really prefer a rectangular cake over a round or square. I believe this is what people expect when they think of a cake because of your typical grocery store bakery.

The wonderful thing about cake making is being able to break away from the "norm" by making round or square cakes for birthday parties and baby showers. These "specialty cakes" aren't just for weddings anymore. Having something as simple as a round cake adds a certain amount of pizzaz to an event.

That being said, I went out and bought a new pan for myself. I originally wanted to but a smaller round pan for stacking, but decided to go with a typical sheet cake pan.

I do prefer different shapes over this, but for a large party or event this does do the job. Besides, I got a new toy i can break in! I'm thinking Red Velvet! MMMM......

1 comment:

  1. As far as pans go, what do you think of aluminum pans, and is there anything else available in the rectangular pan? I used to have 9-inch round pans, but after using 8-inch round pans, I realized the cakes looked better with smaller circles because they were taller. They look taller because the circle is smaller. Plus, they are taller; lol. I think after eating butter creme frosting, which is so easy to make, the frosting in a can tastes just horrible.

    ReplyDelete