Sunday, June 5, 2011

Happiness is...





I got this image courtesy of High heels and diet dr. pepper. I actually saw this photo in A blog magazine earlier today and couldn't get the image out of my mind. I was really inspired by the quote as well and wanted to share it with everyone.

I believe home should really be a happy place and anything that reminds you of that should be cherished. I enjoy baking cakes for many reasons. I like seeing the look on people faces and I like knowing that something I made makes people happy. I enjoy being creative with cakes and cupcakes and watching that creativity come to life before my eyes. Most of all though, I like baking because it reminds me of my grandma. A simple time when we would get together in the kitchen and she would explain the ins and outs of cooking and count the scoops of flour I put in the bowl. She would help me turn the crank on the flour sifter and let me lick the beaters when she was finished.

Every time I bake anything these little memories pop into my head and it brings me so much joy that I can truly relate that Happiness is Homemade.

2 comments:

  1. I've been unable to make comments on your blog; I've been unable to fully sign in. I switched to Firefox and made some adjustments, and now things are working in this browser. Your page looks much different. The roses were not visible from Explorer. I like this background a lot; it goes with your cakes. I like this graphic too. I think this is one reason I love Martha Stewart so much. She draws attention to the little things at home. She seems to intimidate some people, but we don't have to be perfect. We should enjoy making things nice for ourselves and for our families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things are working better. I like this background too. I am going to try and change it often to keep things fresh, but so far this one will stay

    ReplyDelete