Monday, June 27, 2011

Hello Kitty Cake

As promised I present to you the Hello Kitty Cake!

This cake was made for a 3 year old girl who loves hello kitty. Since the kids eating the cake are young and we didnt want to overload them with sugar, we went with what I like to call a "deconstructed 2 tier cake"

I made the typical two 8 inch round cakes, but rather then stacking them and putting filling inside, I made them 2 separate cakes with my homemade butter cream icing.

The Hello Kitty was made with butter cream as well and I'm not going to give away the secret of how I did it. The cake it a simple white cake, made with only egg white, no yoke.

From what I have heard, the cake was a big success!

1 comment:

  1. can you make me one for my bday, but as a 2 tier with a pineapple or pineapple/coconut filling? please? and thank you! haha

    ReplyDelete