Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hubby's Birthday Cake

I just finished a birthday cake for my husband. I wanted the cake to be "manly" so I chose to stay away from ribbon roses and light colors. I wasn't sure how it would come out, but I'm very proud.






The cake is a yellow cake with cream cheese frosting as the filling. I know most people pair yellow cake with chocolate frosting but he told me not too long ago he was craving cream cheese frosting. He also expressed a love for yellow cake, so there you go.


I used a simple white shell border on the bottom and top edge of the cake. I tinted my home made butter cream blue and used white to make rosettes. I added the leaves and words last, which was a mistake on my part because I could have bumped the upper border with my hand. I added little balloons after his name for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment