Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A few extras

Here is a cake I made a couple weeks ago. The cake was red velvet with cream cheese frosting as the filling. I made a point of letting crumbs end up in the frosting. I mixed it all up and it put red "speckles" allover the cake. It gave a little hint of what flavor the cake was. Plus it was fun and different.

I tinted frosting red to make the butter cream ribbon roses. I know they don't look super red, but to make the icing a true red you have to use an extreme amount of red coloring. Besides, I like the tint of red that these ended up.

 That same evening I was practicing on cupcake decorations and tried a sunflower design.
 The center is a chocolate candy. The cupcake itself is also filled with chocolate. A group of these would be nice for a summer tea party or place settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment