Monday, January 30, 2012

There's a Party In My Tummy! ( Yo Gabba Gabba)

"So Yummy so Yummy!!"

For my son's b day I HAD to pull off a Yo Gabba Gabba cake. I did a little research online and decided a 2 tier character cake would be the best bet.



I also decided that I wanted the cake to be more then just "white" since it was for kids, i jazzed it up. I discovered an idea for "Rainbow Cake"



TTT: When you are coloring the batter, be sure to use icing color. Regular super market food coloring will run together and you will end up with something brown. 



The decorating for this cake was easy and didn't take long. the characters are pretty simple and with some planning ahead it was...well, a piece of cake. 

Muno
Muno is one of the main characters in the show, I figured he would be fun ( and easy) to re create.

Above is the "Muno" portion of the cake, covered in fondant ( as red as I could get it) and ready to go. 

Plex, is the robot character of the show and my personal favorite. I made the top layer Plex, I figured the yellow would contrast nicely with the red on the bottom. 


The finished product came out very nice and it was just the right amount of cake. I added the "light" on top of Plex's head and we were all set.



Did you think I would end without showing you how great the inside turned out?


TTT: Be sure you always have a cardboard circle between each layer of cake, It adds support and makes it much easier to cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment